Based on what happened in Iowa this week, I am starting to worry about the world. Should the far-right wing of the GOP actually win the White House, we can kiss the world good-bye. Why? Here are my reasons:
1) No new taxes / no taxes at all: This stance will only ensure mass rioting in the New Republic of the GOP.
2) Protect the US Dollar: Trade wars? No. Currency wars are far more devasting.
3) No more abortions: Taking away a woman's right over her own body is the first step of a state where govt controls your entire body. Slippery slope.
4) More guns: Well, we should expect to see way more murders and the loss of young children through accidental shootings, etc. Guns don't kill people, only stupid people who leave their guns unlocked and within reach of young children.
5) Invasion of Canada: Mark my words. I believe the US will invade Canada for whatever reason they wish. Call it the 'Invade Canada to protect the oil, minerals, water, etc from the Liberals', or 'Invade Canada because Canadians actually believe in taxation'.
6) A Christian Nation: The only religion practised in the GOP Republic will be whatever they tell you to follow. No other religions allowed. And for those who do not believe in God, they will be forced to attend church.
7) Women as Submissives: Yup, women will be sent home to get pregnant and stay barefoot in the kitchen.
8) Voter Franchise Lost: Only those who drink from the GOP Republic Kool-Aid may retain the right to vote.
9) News Media: No choice but to watch Fox News. All other stations will be banned.
10) Religious War: The newly crowned King will lead the world into decades of religious war.
Please. I hope the moderates within the GOP will select a candidate that believes in the good of government and that how government can help people's lives. Government should not be allowed in the bedrooms of its citizens. Nor should government be in the doctor's examination/surgery rooms. Government should not dictate which religion to follow. And government should lead and not be preachy.
Where is Ronald Reagan when we need him the most?